Color - Light straw gold
Bouquet - Viognier brings finesse and aromatic richness of flowers and the Roussane brings strength
and round aromas of yellow fruit.
Taste - Exotic flavors of mangos and apricots are perfectly balanced by a nice acidity. Full notes of honey and peach develop in the glass, ending with a creamy finish.
Wine Advocate 90 points - A blend of 70% Viognier and 30% Roussanne, the 2014 Cotes du Rhone La Redonne Blanc is a terrific white that should represent value. Raised mostly in stainless steel (a small part of the Roussanne was in barrel), it has lots of saline and marine-like minerality as well as classic Viognier notes of tangerines, orange blossom and white peach. Medium-bodied, juicy, fruity, yet always clean and crisp, it has tons to love and will be a terrific meal-starter over the coming year or two.
Rhone Valley, France
Vines grow on granite terraces and gravelly alluvial plains of the northern Rhone Valley. The Viognier is sourced from 20-year-old vines just south of Condrieu, and Roussanne from 30-year-old vines near the appellation of St. Joseph. All work in the vineyards is done manually and without the use of pesticides or irrigation, respecting the local environment.
|Wine maker notes
|The grapes are harvested manually in small baskets and vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Fermentation takes place over 3 weeks at low temperatures, with a maximum of 64.4°F. 20% of the wine is matured on its lees in two- or three-year-old barrels; the remaining 80% is matured on its lees in tanks to enhance freshness. The wine is then aged for 12 months.
|70% Viognier; 30% Roussanne
|Perfect as an aperitif, it will also complement fish, shellfish, pasta in cream-based sauce and roasted poultry.