Light pink colour
An elegant nose of red fruit
Fresh, fruity and full-bodied in the mouth
Wine Enthusiast 87 points - A great summer rose, which is packed with red fruits, raspberries and freshness. The fruit is ripe, but not too full-bodied, showing some nutty flavors along with the toast and finishing with fine, clean acidity. Imported by Paterno Wines International. R.V. (Jun 2006)
Leave a Comment
The freshness, fine bubbles and fruitiness of our Langlois Cremant de Loire Brut rose make for an original aperitif aswell as an ideal companion for red fruit desserts
Born in 1873 in a rural family in the Saumur region, Edouard Langlois was a winemaker and a cellarman at St-Hilaire-St-Florent. He was 23 years old when he married 19-year-old Jeanne Chateau, whose family came from Vendee. On August 1, 1912, the couple founded the family company Maison Langlois-Chateau at St-Hilaire-St-Florent, with the help of Baron de Bodman, owner of Chateau de St-Florent and the adjoining vineyard; the Baron would thus bring cellars, land, and buildings to the young firm which, also, bought the business of the former Maison Delandes, founded in 1885. Langlois-Chateau specialized immediately in the production of “sparkling wines”. Business started off weell, but was interrupted by World War I during which Edouard Langlois was killed on March 31, 1915. He was 42 years old and had been awarded the Croix de Guerre (Military Cross). His young widow took over the management of the business, later aided by her son-in-law, Maurice Leroux and her son, Alexis. In 1973, Maison Bollinger, a family enterprise at A˙-Champagne, recognized the quality of Langlois-Chateau wines and acquired majority ownership, thus contributing its financial resources as well as its agencies in France and abroad. Michel Villedey, a son-in-law of the Bollinger family and also from Saumur, became president of the firm, assisted by Jean Leroux, son of Maurice. The enterprise subsequntly experienced rapid growth, adding to the capacity of its cellars, creating vineyards at Saumur, Saumur-Champigny, and Sancerre (currently 71 hectares), and increasing its commercial investments.
In 2007, the firm was able to significantly enlarge its historical site at St-Hilaire St-Florent on the slopes overlooking the Loire, and to concentrate its entire production: presses, storage, cellars, distribution there, as well as administration and reception, all immediately adjacent to its vineyards. Alongside the production of its “fine bubble wines” under the Appellation “Cremant de Loire, ” our winery also produces “still wines” from its own vineyards. Francois-Regis de Fougeroux now heads Langlois-Chateau (since October 2008). He has joined the House in 2001 as Production Manager. Michel Villedey is still in the board as non executive President.