A summery white with faint, floral aromas. Flavors of pineapple, pear, green melon and a light, dry finish.
Leave a Comment
The history of the Thirsty Owl Wine Company began when Ted W. Cupp purchased 150 acres from Robert and Mary Plane on July 2, 2001 and established Wesley Wine Company. During the fall and winter of 2001 - 2002, construction began on both the tasting room and the wine making facility. The following spring (2002), with Shawn Kime as its first employee, work began on the lake vineyard located between the tasting room and the lake. Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Pinot Noir, and Malbec were planted in this vineyard.
On Friday September 13, 2002, The Thirsty Owl Wine Company opened its doors for the first time with Mary Dauber managing the tasting room. We had four wines and produced approximately 1,200 cases. During December 2002 Jon Cupp joined the staff as President to provide the needed leadership and to guide the company’s growth.
Since 2002 we have increased production by over 1000% and at the same time The Thirsty Owl Wine Company’s name has become synonymous with award winning wines. The winery has won many prestigious awards including the Governor’s Cup and the John Rose award for their Rieslings. This past year its Pinot Noir was the highest rated North American Pinot at the Taster’s Guild International competition.
Since the beginning, The Thirsty Owl Wine Company has prided itself on producing only the highest quality wines, in a friendly atmosphere, with the most spectacular view of Cayuga Lake.